December 3, 2008

Miming Doesn't Pay


To show everyone what a brilliant teacher I am, here is an excerpt from an essay my student wrote. He is a Korean 8th grader. The assignment was to write a five paragraph essay on the best way to achieve success:
The last simple, but important element is that it is realistic. It should be something that the person has a chance of doing. Yes, that might sound brutal and discouraging, but a person from a farm has no or almost no chance of becoming a professor in Harvard University. Also, no one should ever dream of living a happy, rich and comfortable life being a street mime.
I take full credit for this display of genius. I hope everyone can learn from his sensible advice.

2 comments:

The Tao said...

there's a comma missing, genius.

cathleen said...

my mom's a mime. i take offense to that.

p.s. THANK YOU